Follow me and my family as we continue to eat healthy, but transition from using conventional foods to organic, wholesome, unprocessed foods, all while on a budget!































































Friday, July 30, 2010

Reasons to Make Your Own Baby Food


If you think making your own baby food is for hippies or stay-at-home Mom's only- think again!





As I said in my first post, I have a nine month old baby boy. When he started eating solid foods, I began making my own baby food! I did it at first to save money. In the beginning, when when he was just being introduced to solid foods, his portions were small and I would spend less than $10 on organic produce and it would last me over month!



Reasons to make your own baby food:



1. Making your own baby food is easy and I think it's fun! An hour in the kitchen can get you a month's worth of food. (or more if your really good!)



2. Home-made baby food is pretty. I couldn't get over the colors of the food I made- everything was so bright and pretty! Have you ever noticed that jarred baby food, no matter what it is, all has a brownish color to it? It's not pretty...



3. Home-made baby food tastes good! If you wouldn't eat it, do you really want your baby eating it?



4. Home-made baby food is healthier. You know where the food is coming from and it will not have any preservatives. (Always choose organic when making baby food. Any amount of chemicals is too harsh on their little systems.)



5. It costs less to make your own baby food- most of the time. I found that I could make all vegetables and some fruits for much less than I would pay for a jar. However, some organic fruits (mainly apples and pears) came out to be the same price.



Recipes coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment