Follow me and my family as we continue to eat healthy, but transition from using conventional foods to organic, wholesome, unprocessed foods, all while on a budget!































































Thursday, July 29, 2010

Grassy=Gamey?

This will be a short blog- just wanted to share my experience of eating grass-fed beef for the first time! I found a one pound package of organic, grass-fed ground beef at Target on sale for $4.99. I had always heard that grass-fed beef tastes gamey, so I thought I would make something to "disguise" the taste. I used the beef to make tacos (yes, organic shells, seasoning, and cheese also)- I am happy to report that the tacos did NOT taste gamey and were actually quite delicious! Now, I am aware that I did sort of mask the taste with taco seasoning, so I will buy the meat again soon and make something else with it and I will let you know how it tastes ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment